Passion fueled by purpose.
That’s the common thread among those who work with our organization.
Program Support Assistant, 30 hours/week (with the possibility of growing to full-time), with full benefits
The Program Support Assistant is an integral member of CASA of Clackamas County’s team. They will provide daily assistance and support to CASA staff and volunteers by processing case-related paperwork, answering and/or directing program-related inquiries, ensuring the integrity of data entered into the CASA Manager data base, calendaring meetings and events, and providing other administrative support to both staff and the executive director.
On any given day you may work on a variety of projects in response to quickly changing needs and priorities. Flexibility, a good sense of humor, and the ability to re-prioritize quickly are the keys to being successful in this position.
This position interacts with both internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to: board members, volunteers, donors, community partners, and staff. This position is responsible for supporting the operational tasks of the CASA program.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Passion for, and commitment to, CASA’s goals and mission.
• Strong multitasking abilities and flexibility essential
• Proactive ability to organize, problem solve, and prioritize quickly
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, self-directed, and takes initiative
• Team oriented; able to work with diverse groups, good sense of humor
• Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with database management, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders as an enthusiastic ambassador for CASA
• Understanding of the need for, and absolute commitment to, maintaining a high level of confidentiality
• Must complete CASA training within six months of hire, or have attended training within the last three years
• Prior or current experiences as a CASA; working knowledge of CASA, juvenile court systems, and child welfare
• Bachelor’s degree in juvenile justice, social service, or child welfare-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Salary and Benefits
Non-exempt, hourly, part-time, 30 hours per week with some evening and weekend work required. Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $15- $17/hour, and a generous benefit package including health, dental, flexible spending, long-term disability, life insurance, a 401K plan, and twelve days of personal time off (PTO).
Conditions of Employment
Candidates must pass criminal and DHS background checks
Applications must be received by Friday, June 29, 2018
Email to: email@example.com (no phone calls please) with the subject line Program Support Assistant
Submissions should include: 1) a cover letter indicating your interest in working for CASA and your applicable qualifications; 2) a resume; and 3) a list of three professional references with email and phone
CASA of Clackamas County is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, perspective, and background in our staff, board and volunteers.
Please download the complete position description by double-clicking on the position title (above).